[SECC] Winning SS

W4OC at aol.com W4OC at aol.com
Sun Oct 1 11:14:20 EDT 2006

In SS as in any contest, geographic coverage is the primary  issue.

If you are running, you want to be on the band with coverage at that time  of
as much of the US and Canada as possible. 10 and 15 work poorly from the
Southeast for this.

40 and 20 are the best bands, but with solar activity low, 80 will be very
important.

10 and 15 can be very useful for working VY1, KH6, & KL7. If you  are using 2
radios, these are definitely second radio bands.

I have never made a SS contact on 160. Propagation on 160 could be
favorable, but the activity level is questionable.

This is the type discussion we need to see on this reflector.

73

Don