[SECC] More in common than different

Jeff w4dd at arrl.net
Sun Oct 1 12:30:30 EDT 2006

As to the recent discussions on the reflector, we all have our differences
of opinions.  But we have much more in common than we do different.  With
the CQWW and SS only weeks away, lets focus on that.  I'd like to hear what
new antennas whet up recently and how they are performing.

Not long ago I did supplement my 40/80M sloper to the NE (70ft) with a 40 M
inverted vee (65ft).  The DX stations are about the same signal strength,
but the US stations are several S units stronger.  I added the 40 vee
because Jay (K4OGG) whipped me badly on 40M in a domestic contest some time
ago.  This new antenna should fill that gap.

Jeff, W4DD