[SECC] FT-2000 Review

Neal Sulmeyer k4ea at contesting.com
Fri Oct 6 09:31:01 EDT 2006

Hal, thanks for this link.

I have been considering replacing one of my two FT1000MP's with the new
FT2000.   After reading the article I have decided to put this on hold.
Although the new /improved creature features (including 6M) are
beneficial, I don't see any significant improvement in receiver
performance as compared to my FT1000MP's (with full set of INRAD filters
including roofing filter) that warrants spending the big buck right now.
In fact, the Blocking Dynamic Range is rather disappointing.  This is
significant for contesting when the bands are very crowded.

For now, I will stay with my MP's and see if Yaesu improves the FT2000
in future versions.

Neal, K4EA