[SECC] CQP this weekend

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 6 10:46:45 EDT 2006

Guys:

Let me emphasize something mentioned in a recent posting about CQP by
KY5R.  The CQP committee has changed about 1/3 of the official county
abbreviations from what they have been in the past.  Now they are all
four letter abbreviations.  In the past, there were some two letters
(SM, SF), some three letters (LAX, NEV, etc.) and some four letters.  At
least one of the four-letter abbreviations has been changed (SCRZ to
SCRU).  You need to edit your calcty file or your cqp.mult file,
whatever your logging program uses to get the multipliers from.  Just
take the official list from the CQP website.  Open the file in your
program and edit the county abbreviations.  Don't forget to "save" the
file before you exit.  If you don't do this, you can edit the Cabrillo
file after the contest, but that will take a lot of time. Editing the
calcty file in NA this morning took me about five minutes.  Have fun and
be sure to show your club affiliation for your favorite contest club.

73,

John, K4BAI.