[SECC] [CQ-Contest] Big changes in USA amateur rules willaffect CQ WW SSB

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Wed Oct 11 21:41:59 EDT 2006

Won't affect CQWW Phone. It's only effective 30 days after
publication in the Federal Register. Since that hasn't yet happened,
and CQWW Phone is in less than 30 days, no luck.

However, it like likely affect SS Phone. Should make it possible to
find a clear frequency on 75m, since the available space for
operating has essentially doubled.

It also makes me wonder about the Extra class effect on domestic
contests -- what fraction of contest participants are not Extra
class? Is operating in the Extra-only segments going to significantly
impact rate?