[SECC] SS Antenna

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Thu Oct 19 10:14:36 EDT 2006

One other note on the subject:

That reflector under the antenna he described is a waste of time.  At
the angles he is interested in, it adds less than 0.5 dB gain vs a
dipole at 40 feet.  There are other ways to squirt a bigger signal
straight up, but for us that is worthless.

I guess when that article was written (1980) the guy must not have had
EZNEC.

Jerry, K4SAV