[SECC] Announcement, NCJ NA Sprint CW This Saturday Night

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 5 17:56:59 EDT 2006

Hard to believe the kids are back in school and 160 meters is starting to
show signs of life (ZS6WN worked last night).  This must mean the September
CW Sprint is near.

So - time to reconfigure you stations back to HF contesting mode and listen
up on those high speed CW tapes.  If you are wondering what the heck a CW
Sprint is, please visit one of the following (or all of the following) web
sites:

http://web.jzap.com/n6tr/sprint.html
http://www.contesting.com/articles/198
http://www.ncjweb.com/sprintrules.pdf

One of the best ways to encourage activity is to twist the arms of some of
your friends and form a team.  Teams may be registerd before the contest
on the NCJ web page at http://www.ncjweb.com.

I spent all weekend improving my 20 meter antenna - so I could work YOU
in this contest.  Hopefully, the QRM from that Chinese intruder on 14050
won't be a problem.  I know my new antenna has a much better front/back
ratio, so it won't bother me so much.

Here are some pictures of the antenna project:

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/gallery/album20

And if you are curious about the intruder, I found this on the ARRL website:

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/08/17/2/?nc=1

The intruder was 25 over yesterday afternoon - taking up ± 10 kHz.

73 Tree N6TR
tree at kkn.net