[SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 24 22:20:54 EDT 2006

I got in very late (0130Z) and worked two stations on 20 SSB in the SAC
contest.  One told me to forget 40 as they tried that from 2300Z on and the
RTTY contest covered the entire band from 7020 to 7085.

I listened and heard one OH trying on 40 SSB but every time he moved another
RTTY came right on his frequency.  He was soon back on 20 but weak with
flutter.    I listened and did hear a EA3 who was breaking thru the RTTY but
not another OH or LA station.  Guess they don't have 7100 to 7200 as DL. G,
HB, 4X, and 9A stations do.

75 was noisy but I did hear the OH8 below 3700 working Europe.  A W1 told me
an SM6 was up at 0030Z on 3790 but he never came up again.

Guess 20 was the band but I missed most of the opening due to the family
matters.  Too bad as several years ago I logged over 50 stations in about 3
hours on 20.

Dave K4JRB   Sending a check log!