[SECC] Frequency Allocation Discussion

Dan/W4NTI w4nti at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 26 17:03:34 EDT 2006

The real reason that there is a problem NOW is because up till the RTTY
contests started clobbering the prime CW area's of especially
40m......there wasn't a problem of major consequence.

I don't know for sure how many RTTY contests there are a year now.  But
it MOST CERTAINLY has increased several fold.  When the SSB boys caused
a problem in the CW segments....it was ONLY the MAJOR DX contests.  Now
the RTTY is all over the place.  AND even during NON CONTEST times I am
hearing the RTTY moving down below 7030.
I guess they figure it's alright since they hear it, it seems, down
there real regular.  I often wonder how many of these machine operators
actually can copy CW?  Or if they really listen to the speaker,  or just
watch the tuning indicator and GO.  I think I know that answer already.

SO I'll say it flat out.  RTTY operators need to have a little
consideration.  Oh and BTW I love RTTY Mode.  And I love CW Mode.  So I
do know both worlds.

Dan/W4NTI