[SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC

Ed k4sb at comcast.net
Thu Sep 28 12:40:15 EDT 2006

ku8e at bellsouth.net wrote:
The bottom line is this RTTY/CW issue didn't exist before a few years
ago until programs like MMTTY became available to make it easy to get
on this mode without much investment of $$$...
---------------

Sorry to disagree only on the above, but RTTY software has been
available for the last 20 years, and home brew projects to those
"green machines" go back to the 60s, as well as commercial Terminal
units. I don't really know when the Kantronics KAM came out, but it
is fully capable of not only RTTY, but other digital modes.

Let me put it this way. During the DX contests, CW ops use
frequencies from the bottom of the band to above ?.120  And I don't
have a problem with that. I just take a break or use the WARC bands.

But, I like to operate RTTY for, among other reasons, my extreme
hearing loss. And if you can't put up with a few RTTY contests a
year, that's your problem.

I'm going to call where the DX is.

73
Ed