[SECC] Winning SS

K5ZM k5zm at comcast.net
Fri Sep 29 23:58:44 EDT 2006

I'd like to do SS this year. From somewhere. :) My interest was piqued by
your comment about Sunday being good training for SO2R. This is something
I've yet to try as none of my host stations over the years have had this
capability. That is to say, not without still having to manually switch
antennas and radios, and the logging software every time I changed a band ;)

I end up spending a bit of time at the start of every season wondering which
'test would be the best to really learn SO2R. I always end up coming to the
same conclusion, and that is that I end up fearing that I'll blow any chance
of a reasonable finish due to a learning curve that may or may not be as
high as I always fear it to be. As a result, the seasons pass, and my skill
set goes nowhere! :)

Maybe that'll change this year :)

73,

Ian, K5ZM... one of those left coasters