[SECC] Relector Etiquette

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 30 08:26:01 EDT 2006

  I agree somewhat with what Ed is saying. It is NOT N4GG's job to babysit the reflector. Please don't complain to him. There is nothing he can do except what he did and post a message for people to stop it. It shouldn't get to this point because we are all adults and it shouldn't get to that point. The moderator is W4OC. He is the only person who has the authority to unsubscribe/block people from the reflector.

  Before you go and send an email to W4OC think about this. You have other options. If you don't like the discussion that is going on then just don't read the posting.. hit the DELETE button. I will agree this RTTY/CW discussion went on way too long and got to the point of beating a horse dead...

  I would also like to note it is not proper etiquette to send emails that have personal attacks towards members publically to the reflector. If you feel the need to do this then do it privately. We are allowed the disagree but do it tactfully.

   Because most of our communication as a club take place on this reflector maybe it should be written into the club consititution that this type of behavior will be not tolerated. The offending party will be given a first warning and repeat offenders will be unscribed from the reflecor for one year.

 I have seen this same thing happen with other clubs I have belonged to. A couple guys will get into a heated discussion and decide to do it publically on the reflector. This makes your club look bad, especially to
newcomers...

73, Jeff KU8E