[SECC] 2007 GQP Plaques

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Tue Apr 3 06:17:11 EDT 2007

	!!! 2007 GQP Plaque Sponsors NEEDED !!!

In just one dozen day's Georgia's QSO Party will be held and WE ARE STILL
NEEDING PLAQUE SPONSORS!!

At this time, we have :

16 PAID sponsors
2  "Checks in the mail" sponsors
6  No response from last years sponsor
6  New sponsors NEEDED!

FIRST - A big thank you to the 16 sponsors who have volunteered to sponsor a
plaque and who have been kind enough to send me their funding already.
Thanks also to those who have notified me that their check is in the mail.

A special thanks to Jerry/K5YAA, from Oklahoma, who "In anticipation of
winning that box of Georgia peaches..." has volunteered to sponsor our Phone
Only-DX High Power plaque!

As noted in a previous announcement, I have been holding plaques for last
years sponsors, hoping they would again renew their sponsorship. The
majority of last years sponsors have already renewed for this year. As
noted, this coming Friday, April 6th, all plaques will be returned to the
selection list from which all can choose. So if you wish to again sponsor
your last year's plaque, please email me with that intention before Friday.
These plaques include:

Mixed - Phone and CW

	Ga. QRP 		(formerly TCG W4MGY Memorial)
	DX High Power	(formerly K4YE Memorial)
	DX QRP		(formerly KO4RR/N4WV)

Phone Only

	None

CW Only

	US/VE Low Power	(formerly KU8E)
	US/VE QRP		(formerly AA4Z)
	DX High Power	(formerly WF4W)

Also at this time, we still need plaque sponsors for the following
categories:

Mixed - Phone and CW

	Ga. Low Power
	Top Club Score in Georgia

Phone Only

	Ga. High Power
	Ga. Low Power
	Ga. Rover - Single Op
	DX QRP

CW Only

	None

Because of the generosity and promptness of last years sponsors, we were
able to ship all 2006 GQP plaques within two weeks after completion of
scoring. Of course Mike/NE4S completed the GQP scoring within two weeks
after log submission date! This makes the GQP one of the most prompt contest
for participants. And we are trying to improve this year!

So please think seriously about the SECC and SEDXC sponsored annual Georgia
QSO Party and help us achieve providing a plaque to the winner of each
category in the 2007 Georgia QSO Party.

The cost to sponsor each plaque remains at $40.00 each. This includes making
the plaque, having your name/call inscribed on the plaque as it's sponsor,
shipping to each winner (domestic and foreign), and a digital photo emailed
to you of your sponsored plaque. Make your check payable to: Chester T.
Alderman and mail it to:

498 Nichols Lane
Hahira, Ga. 31632

If you have any questions, please email me direct:	alderman at alltel.net