[SECC] GQP Prizes

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Tue Apr 3 15:04:22 EDT 2007

Just my personal input.

The top Georgia stations ARE being awarded for their efforts by both plaques
and certificates, in all three sections.

If what you mean is to award Georgia stations for working the most counties
during the GQP, I personally think  that will be counter-productive to the
contest.

The aim of Georgia operators is/should be to work everyone OUTSIDE of
Georgia and Georgia once for the multiplier. Besides that, it does not make
a lot of sense to me for Georgia stations to ONLY look for Georgia counties
to work simply because one's total score would be quite poor.

I do, however, agree with looking for more attractive awards as in my
opinion, especially for next year, plaques and certificates are becoming
somewhat 'old hat'!

OR did I just completely miss your point?

73,

Tom - W4BQF