[SECC] GQP update and first factiods

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 08:57:32 EDT 2007

GM

We now have a total of 210 logs in hand for GQP.
That is 40 more than last year.
 A vote of appreciation and thanks to those many who are on the logs received list.
BTW, logs and soap are refreshed this AM.

I would remind those few still holding logs to please send them in.
Do not worry much about final edits.  Send it in.
Deadline approaches.

Info nuggets from the data mine....
QSO's by band:
10 PH 16
15 CW 14
15 PH 24
This should total 35,700.  Last year final Q's were about 20,000.
The increase in Q's is greater than the increase in logs by a lot.

By Mode:
CW 24865
PH 10835
2.4 to 1    CW vs PH. (+/-)

About 330 dupes/4 trips/1quad Q's are included in the 35,700.
Pretty good.  The logs were really clean.

There was only 1 !! invalid Q in all the input.
Invalid is a NonGA or DX contact with another NonGA/DX station.

Logs still arrive about one per day.

My next factiod (or nugget)will be in the next shameless reminder note.
Counties Covered????  Stay tuned.

Thanks to all for the spirited participation of SECC/SEDXC members, the folks from rare Alabama, and all the contesters on this forum who joined us for GQP 2007.

Mike, NE4S

Please use ne4s at iham.us or mike1230 at mcnet.us as my address.
Be well,
Thanks