[SECC] Huntsville Hamfest

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 20 09:35:56 EDT 2007

How about a TN-AL-GA contest-in-a-contest?

 - Choose a major contest with a lot of participation and CW/PH/DIG
elements.
 - Clubs fire up current members and recruit new members to their roster
(must meet membership requirements of the club i.e. "inside the circle.")
 - The presidents of the clubs exchange rosters at a given point prior to
the contest to declare eligible players (like trading lineups at home plate
before a baseball game).
 - At the conclusion of the contest, all participants must submit their
scores to the contest sponsor for their points to be eligible for the
T-A-G-C-I-A-C.
 - All logs with 10 or more valid contacts are eligible for the
T-A-G-C-I-A-C calculation. Logs for CW/PH/DIG sections of the contest are
considered separate logs.
 - The final point totals for all eligible logs will be added together then
multiplied by the total number of eligible logs for a T-A-G-C-I-A-C contest
total.
 - The club with the most points wins bragging rights - until next year -
and will sponsor the Hospitality Suite at the Huntsville Hamfest (but the
losers buy the beverages!)

By using the number of eligible logs as a multiplier, part-timers and baby
guns (like myself) who only make a few contacts can still contribute. Also
it will serve to encourage non-voice, non-digital, or non-CW players to make
at least 10 contacts in that mode to submit an eligible multiplier log.

Just my thoughts,

Scott
KB4KBS