[SECC] Fw: NAQP SSB KU8E Single Op HP

ku8e ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 20 22:14:15 EDT 2007

Bill,

The type of antenna you are using (i.e. ERP) makes probably more of a
difference than running a kW . As loud as W5*** (who has a big antenna farm)
was on 20 meters backscatter there is no way he was running just 100 watts.
I can name other stations who are consistantly loud in NAQP as well. I am
100% sure that some of these guys are cheating. I also know guys like Mike,
W9RE, are NOT cheating because he is much louder when I hear him running
full bore in a DX contest.

Look at the top ten in every NAQP. It  always consists of people who have
big stations and antenna farms.(almost the same guys who make top ten in SS)
Why should I have to compete against them with my small station. Make the
contest have a HP and LP class like SS. The main reason I do LP in SS is I
have a chance if condx are just right to maybe make the top ten. That would
be impossible in the HP category.

The odds are if you allow these guys to run a KW they will. If anything it
would encourage those who do a PT effort to operate more if they had a
chance to maybe win something competing against like stations in a LP class
or just have a higher rate to have more fun , which running a KW would give
them.  Overall that would make activity will go up making it more fun for
everyone.

It ain't going to ruin anything because in general activity in contests in
the US is going down anyway. (NAQP included)

73, Jeff