[SECC] contesting blog

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 10 10:26:21 EST 2007

Rick,

This reminds me of what happened years ago with K3LR . The naysayers on the east coast said that K3LR was too far west (He is a mile from W8) to ever win in the MM category. He just plugged away by getting the right combination of operators and improving his station and look what happened. They now
beat W3LPL and KC1XX on a regular basis.

I operated at K3LR on a regular basis when I was in my 20's when his station was at AF3P( and once at his present station). We had some success in winning CQWW as M/S and the Ten Meter Contest for the USA. Tim's heart has always been in having a large MM station. I am happy for him because I know how hard he worked to achieve this. He is the most knowledgable guy on antennas that I have ever met in my life.

My advice to you is to just keep on plugging away by improving your station and get the right combination of operators and you will also maybe break into that elite group of three MM giants. Also ignore those naysayers on the east coast !!

73, Jeff  KU8E