[SECC] GQP re-defined

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Sun Dec 16 14:19:14 EST 2007

I want to clarify my previous posting seeking operators for the GQP...I
received an off reflector e-mail stating that a M-M had no place as a
participant in the GQP...and that the other M-M's would never stoop to such
a low level....well I view it as an opportunity for the person with 1. a
modest station or no station to get the opportunity to participate in the
GQP 2. as a training ground for future contestor's to get their feet wet in
contesting 3. for a chance to have some fun and be an active participant in
the GQP 4nd most  important is the fact that with a M-M on the air, other
participants from outside Ga will have an instant knowledge of whether there
is propagation or not to work those elusive Ga Rovers.......

My posting was not to show how big my station is.....it is not to brag about
how many stations can get on the air at the same time, and it most
definitely is not to lessen the total impact of the GQP, but to enhance the
participation thru a strong on the air presence of the GQP.....I realize
that there is not a single station to compete against our M=M...but that is
not the intent of our operation...on the other hand we will foster greater
participation and contribute to the continued success of the GQP....

Mike, NE4S has done an outstanding job these past years as the director of
the GQP....my hat's off to Mike for the great job!!! He has a level of
enthusiasm and dedication that is just unbelievable!! Jeff W4DD and I have
been meeting with Mike these past few months as we are shaping the GQP
2008.....Mike is well organized and has really done the legwork behind the
scenes that has made the GQP one of the most successful and participated in
QSO party contests!!

I want to once again offer my station to any operator, regardless of
experience, who would like to come down and be a part of a really fun,
exciting, event....we will have a hamburger cookout in addition to working
the GQP...if you have CW or SSB skills, or want to sharpen those skills
some, have always wanted to be a part of a large M-M, or just want to get
some on the air time...then this is for you!!! Doesn't matter what license
class you are, we are going to get you some real time in the seat contesting
time!!!!

I await your e-mails....Happy Holidays to all....

de Rick NQ4I