[SECC] GQP re-defined

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 17 11:37:58 EST 2007

But the "normal stations" are not competing against the M/M station in
GQP.  They are competing only against stations in their class.  If NQ4I
(W4AN) is QRV M/M, that just gives them one more GA QSO to make on each
band and mode.  It helps the small stations inside and outside GA.  By
being QRV, a lot of hams who may not have been familiar with the GQP
find out about it, may look it up on the internet, and participate
further.  Sorry, but I don't see the downside of it.  We are not
channelized. There are plenty of frequencies to work.  If NQ4I comes on
your frequency because they couldn't hear the "little station" there,
you can find another frequency to use.  (I speak from experience as a
little mobile station.)  The log of W4AN from last year shows very
little moving in frequency of that station.  So, they established a
frequency on a band and mode and stayed there. The little guys moved
about above and below their frequencies.  As a mobile, I was glad to
work them whenever possible from each county.  73, John, K4BAI.