[SECC] Good Asia LP Condx

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 2 09:58:15 EST 2007

 To follow up on my posting last week. Please make sure you check LP to Asia on 40 and 20 meters
just before and after our sunset and just after sunrise. The conditions have been unbelievable for the last week or so.

 YB1A has been on just about every evening this past week on 40 CW. So have several of the big
JA stations. I worked VU2DX on 40 CW with a S9 signal on Saturday afternoon. 20 meters has been opening LP to Asia just after sunset.  9V1YC has been on the last several nights around 0000z on 20 CW. Last night I worked him and he was S9 plus 10 dB.  20 meters has also been good LP between 1300-1500Z. Worked HS0AC LP on Saturday morning.

I am using simple antennas - a wire vertical with 4 elevated radials on 40 and a dipole @ 35 ft on 20.
I bet those with better equipped stations could work even more than I did.  Heard K1ZZI working some JA's LP the last couple nights on 40 CW.

73 and HNY..  Jeff