[SECC] This Week's Contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 19 16:36:41 EDT 2007

Hello all:

I just typed all this once and tried to edit it a bit and hit some key
and everything disappeared.  That shouldn't be possible.  Got to figure
out how that happens so can avoid its' happening on long messages.  Has
happened a few times before on short messages and that isn't so bad.

This weekend brings a lot of contests:

1.  QRP 20M Fox Hunt.  Tonight local time, 0100-0230Z Friday.  Two Foxes
will be looking for 2xQRP contacts.  One is KV2X and the second is, I
think, W0IIT.  One will be between 14050 and 14060.  The other will be
in the next higher 10 khz.  We should have good propagation to both of
these stations, particularly at the beginning of the period.  Exchange:
  RST + SPC + Name + Power.

2.  NCCC Ladder.  Tonight local time.  0230-0259Z Friday.  160-10M CW,
100 watts maximum. Exchange:  Both calls, #, SPC, Name.  One khz QSY
rule.  Dupes OK after one intervening QSO or a band change.  Call is "CQ
NS."  SNS slow speed practice is 0200 to 0214Z on 40 and 20M CW.  Look
around 040 khz up from the bottom end of 20, 40, and 80.  Activity
starts on 20 and moves down.

3.  DMC RTTY Contest.  12Z Sat to 12Z Sun.  80-10M RTTY.  Exchange: RST
+ Serial #.  Work everyone.

4.  NAQP RTTY.  18Z Sat to 02Z Sun.  10 hour maximum for single ops.
Exchange:  Name and SPC. Work everyone.  Team competiton.  Teams of 2 to
  5 members.  Must be pre-registered.  Contact AA4LR for SECC and KY5R
for ACG.

5.  CQ Worldwide VHF Contest.  18Z Sat to 21Z Sun.  6 and 2 M, any mode.
  Exchange:  4 character grid square.  This could be a lot of fun if 6M
opens.  It was a lot of fun last year and I just received my certificate
for last year's event.

6.  SKCC Weekend Sprint.  00-24Z Sunday.  160-10M CW.  Count any 4
continuous orders.  But, encouraged to work anyone during the 24 hour
period.  Exchange:  Name + SPC + SKCC # or power.  Must use mechanical
keys only.  Straight key, bug, sidewiper are OK.  Electronic keyer or
computer are not OK.  I found out that I can get a SKCC number without
subscribing to the SKCC reflector, so I got one since their last sprint
event.

7.  CQC Great Colorado Gold Rush.  20M CW.  20-22Z Sunday.  5W QRP
Maximum Power.  Exchange:  RST + SPC + Class + CQC # or Power.  Classes
are:  W = wire; V = vertical; B = beam; P - portable (any antenna).

Hope everyone has a good weekend and many fun QSOs.

73, John, K4BAI.