[SECC] Proposed New Center for Circle

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 6 15:09:55 EDT 2007

Please correct my earlier posting.  I said NE corner of the state (all
of which is inside the proposed circle) and I meant to say NW corner of
the state.

Please, anybody on the reflector who is presently within the circle and
would be outside the proposed new circle, please let post a message to
that effect.  Jeff says he has checked the roster and we wouldn't be
leaving any current member out.  He said the longest distance to any
member in NW GA would be to K4EA and Neal is inside the circle.

Also, if there is anybody else on the reflector, particularly in GA, who
is concerned about being in the circle, please let us hear that too.

It appears that this could open up a whole new area for membership and
participation.  The circle would include the Jacksonville, FL area.
Jim, K4BK, would this include you?  I know stations in that area,
including K4BK, belong to FCG, but I am not clear if they are inside the
FCG 175mi/275km circles or not.  We can't include the NW FL panhandle
guys anyway it has been proposed, but they are within the ACG circles.

It would include many in SC who have not been able to participate by
submitting scores to the club aggregate score competitions.  Maybe by
including so much of SC and NE FL, we could make up for the loss of our
SECC members in AL, who are now submitting scores for ACG.  I think it
would leave AA4S and N4AA in NC out of the circle, but they apparently
are not on the reflector and don't often submit scores for SECC.  In
fact, I think AA4S is still not on the internet.

Healthy and constructive discussion please.

73,

John, K4BAI.