[SECC] SECC_2007_175-mi_circle_Nr01 RE: SECC Circle Proposal

Matt Lee, K4AQ Matt at HiWAAY.net
Wed Jun 6 15:29:44 EDT 2007

Jeff,

I can readjust the center of the map by making the center of the circle
between K2SX and K4BAI.

What coordinates did you use? Or did you use the center of their zip codes?

--
Matt Lee, K4AQ
Atlanta, Georgia

-----Original Message-----
From: secc-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:secc-bounces at contesting.com] On
Behalf Of ku8e at bellsouth.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 10:08
To: John Laney; Matt at hiwaay.net
Cc: Hal Kennedy N4GG; South East Contest Club; 'ku8e'
Subject: Re: [SECC] SECC_2007_175-mi_circle_Nr01 RE: SECC Circle Proposal

 The center of the circle would be the straight line half way point between
K2SX and K4BAI. They would be the the most easterly and west points of the
circle. They are both within the circle because they are 344.72 miles apart.
(350 miles is the limit) I calculated this using several of the distance
calculators available on the internet  where you enter either the zip code
or LAT/LONG of the two points.

 Everyone else is well inside the circle. The parts of GA it doesn't cover -
Far NW and far SW we have
 no members. The center would be near Birdsville , Ga , which is in far NW
Jenkins County.

 I could could publish the proposed radius map that K4AQ created and put it
on the SECC webpage.
 I still have FTP access to do this.

Jeff