[SECC] Announcement, NCCC Ladder Thursday Night

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 20 09:55:27 EDT 2007

The end is in sight . . week # 14 of 18 NS Ladder events. After that,
back to regular NS with N6RO. No NS Ladder for the July 4th week. Full
schedule at:  http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.htm

-- Thursday night US : 0230-0300Z Friday. See www.ncccsprint.com for
details.

-- Slow NS (SNS) 0200-~0215Z on 20 and 40m cw. (W9RE)

-- We're still looking for the first NS Ladder competitors from PA, UT,
NJ, NM, MN, VA and others.  Twenty seven states and two Canadian
provinces have appeared at various times this year.

-- Remember to search for a creative (but legal) way to claim the K6VVA
NS X Prize - first stn with 3000 pts in one 30-min session. It's doable.
Eventually someone will put the right strategy together.  High score so
far, W9RE 2574 in NSL IV Wk 9, N4AF 2400 in Wk 6

-- "Newcomers Div" scores are now posted at
www.ncccsprint.com/results.htm .  Still time to join this group.   The
19 active stations in this division of stations new to NS Ladder
reflects our great success in NS Ladder IV. (That's four, not
Intra-Venous ..  NS Ladder does not hurt, but rather feels good, at
least afterwards).

-- Join N6RO for  the NCCC contest net immediately afterwards on 3610.
You don't have to be an NCCC member to join Ken and other friendly
NCCCr's and NS Ladder folks in this friendly discussion of contesting.

-- A word about score reporting. . we'd really like to hear from you,
even minor participants.  We can list you as "participant" without an
actual score if you prefer. http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/  or
e-mail your score (or non-score) to n6zfo at arrl.net.

-- Four stations have perfect attendance in NSL IV: k0xp/1, w0bh (Bob
leads West of Ms. River div), k6vva, and ka3drr/6.

NS Ladder blogs:

-- KA3DRR   ka3drr.blogspot.com  Very complete and very entertaining.

-- N6ZFO  nsladder.blogspot.com  Very in-complete, but you may like the
banner introduction to "Ultimate Radiosport"  I'll really try to start
this week, if for no other reason to lessen the bandwidth on CQ-Contest.
(Thankfully no one has complained, yet).

73 and thanks to all of you who have supported our little "summer fun"
contest this year.

Bill N6ZFO/6
NS Ladder Contest Director

NS Ladder Board: n6zfo, n3bb, k3stx, k4bai
Special advisers: n4af, w9re, w0yk and n6ro
Cheerleaders: k7nv and k6vva (that's v v a not wa . .  but you probably
know that, as the Locust occasionally posts here)