[SECC] GQP 2007

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 17:43:07 EST 2007

Greetings,
It is March 1, time to start thinking about our Georgia QSO Party for 2007 on April 14 and 15.

I have received some email and postal reminders from other party sponsors, and will be sending out reminders for GQP to GA clubs, ARRL clubs, past participants, other state and province party sponsors, and other general party sponsors.  (My next note may be from jail for spam)
I do hope to get more GA stations out on the road, and on the air this year.  We have many out of state participants, but need more activity from our 159 counties.

Matt Lee has asked which counties were not activated last year. He wants to work on a rover plan.  Below is a list of counties with less than 3 Qs last year.  It may be helpful for your plans too.  I guess this is my first factoid...  I will get this posted on the web site too.

COUNTYNAME
Atkinson        0
Baldwin         0
Berrien         0
Brantley        0
Burke           0
Butts           2
Charlton        0
Chattooga       1
Columbia        0
Dade           0
Echols          0
Elbert          0
Franklin        1
Glascock        0
Glynn           2
Hancock         2
Hart           0
Jasper          0
Jenkins         0
Jones           0
Liberty         0
Lincoln         0
Morgan          2
Oconee          2
Pickens         1
Pulaski         2
Putnam          0
Richmond        0
Rockdale        1
Screven         0
Seminole        0
Stephens        0

 I should also mention that all the 2006 certificates are in the mail as of today.  I have included the generation of the classes of certs, and all their mailing labels, in the score software and database.
I will be mailing the certs quickly after scores are final this year, using this automated capability.
My great thanks to Jere, KT4ZB for his cert work.
It was in trying to get better help to Jere that I found it easy to just print it all.

Tommy Alderman is the plaque wrangler, and will be soliciting your support again for sponsorship of these awards.  Please consider sponsoring one of the plaques that is not now covered.

More later, many web updates to be done in prep for the new party.

Thanks,

Mike, NE4S

73

Please use ne4s at iham.us or mike1230 at mcnet.us as my address.