[SECC] 2007 GQP -- How about county line ops to stimulate activity?

James Olson w4jo at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 8 21:35:56 EST 2007

May I suggest that we allow county line operation for our Georgia QSO Party?

Reasons:

1.   I found it to be very enjoyable in the Illinois and Texas QSO Parties in 2006.
2.   We have so many counties to activate in our state
3.   People that work Georgia want to work as many counties as possible.  To use an analogy that DXer Martii Laine (OH2BH) used when referring to dxpeditions:  We, the Georgia ops, are the actors on the stage.  The audience is comprised of those hams inside and outside Georgia that want to fill up their logbook with a clean sweep of Georgia counties.

Regards,

  James Olson, W4JO