[SECC] 2007 GQP -- How about county line ops to stimulate activity?

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 9 10:24:17 EST 2007

  If you want to give people a chance to get a sweep of all the GA counties how about changing the multiplier structure so that you count multipliers just once - not by mode. It is pretty much impossible to get a sweep with the current rules.

 This would keep the interest up from out of state because the biggest interest in a state QSO party is chasing the rovers as they change counties. These guys are not operating our QSO party because the rate is good. They are doing it for the excitment of the chase to get all the counties, which the rovers provide many of the rare ones.

In fact I would be willing to sponsor a plaque for the first station to work all 159 counties the quickest.

Jeff