[SECC] BS7H - If you hear them (at any time)... CALL ME

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Fri May 4 09:41:41 EDT 2007

Gary...

I have been trying for the past three days. I have not heard them at all on any band in the evening.
The only time I have heard them has been on Wednesday and Thursday morning near our sunrise on 30 meter CW and this morning on 20 CW and 40 CW. Their signal was ESP level on both 20 and 30 meters. They had a decent signal on 40 CW this morning.

I have a feeling that some of their operators don't understand the propagation to the eastern part of
the USA. If they would of been on 30 meters this morning they probably would of been workable.
>From what I can tell we only have about a 3 hour window of good propagation to work them in the morning. This morning the guy on 40 CW worked US for about 45 mins and then went off the air. He then QSYed to 7005 and worked only JA's only. He finally started to listen to the USA again but by then his signal faded. You would think they had worked every ham in JA by now since they have propagation on some band 24 hours a day to BS7.

I am going to put back up my 40 meter wire vertical after work tonight. It worked pretty good to get thru
to VU7RG, so maybe It will work for BS7H too. It looks like our last  chance will be Saturday morning since they will be QRT at 0000z Sunday (8:00PM Saturday here)I don't have high hopes . This is the 3rd BS7H Dxpedition and I have heard them every time but never got thru. Hopefully someone will go back when the sunspots come back.  GL.

Jeff