[SECC] cq-contest debate on SS ck

Lee Hiers lee.hiers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:34:58 EST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 3:41 PM, David  Thompson <thompson at mindspring.com> wrote:

> There is a useless debate raging on the cq-contest reflector about the SS
> ck.

The proliferation of useless debates is why I haven't subscribed to
cq-contest in a couple years.  I don't have the time for it.

I don't know if they're arguing trying to shorten the SS exchange or
not, but I sure hope not.  I feel that SS is the best contest (of the
majors) *because* of the exchange.  Much better than, say, CQWW, where
the only thing you have to copy is the callsign...and more and more
rely on packet for that.

> You
> can bet the battleship ARRL is not going to change the use of ck.

I certainly hope you're right!

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
"Have Dobro Will Travel"