[SECC] CQ WW RTTY AA4LR SOAB HP

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Thu Oct 4 23:27:11 EDT 2007

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.6

    80:   14   23       8       7     7
    40:   58  108      20      20    10
    20:   51  121      12      26    12
    15:  128   25       3       9     6
    10:   12   36       0       6     4
Total:  147  313      43      68    39  Total Score = 46,950

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m (40m-10m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower (80m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/KAT100
Ameritron AL-80A running about 400 watts
Ancient Toshiba laptop
N1MM software with MMTTY

Comments:

A very busy weekend, but I managed to put a few hours in Saturday
evening and Sunday afternoon. Very easy to work stations at this
time, since they've worked just about everyone else.

Funny story Saturday night. Everyone else had gone to bed, so I
cranked up the station. I noticed a weird hum coming from the
amplifier that I couldn't explain. About 15 minutes later, I heard my
kids stomping around and screaming in the kitchen. I ran upstairs to
find the cause. Turns out, my rig was getting into a set of powered
computer speakers in the kitchen and tha was the source of the weird
hum. I turned the speakers off and sent the kids to bed.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at: http://www.hornucopia.com/
3830score/

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901