[SECC] 80 mrter array

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 9 23:53:18 EDT 2007

I agree that the 80 foot tower could support a set of 1/4 wave or even half
wave slopers.  There have been several good articles over the years on
slopers
including one by 4X4NJ called the 4X array.

K3LR uses 4 of the K8UR/W9LT half wave dipoles with the bottom leg folded
back toward the tower.  The feed for each of the four dipoles is in the
center and there is a switch box to switch the direction the antennas in one
of four different directions.  I think the classic article is in a 1989 CQ.

What happens is the other three dipoles are used as a reflector in a shield
fashion.  K3LR and KC1XX say a 2 el beam up 150+ feet beats the 4 sloping or
K8UR dipoles but that does not seem to be an option in this case.

73 Dave K4JRB