[SECC] Fwd: Many Thanks DE W3QT

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Mon Oct 29 12:37:21 EST 2007

How about this e-mail? de Rick nq4i

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: w3qt at aol.com <w3qt at aol.com>
Date: Oct 29, 2007 10:46 AM
Subject: Many Thanks  DE W3QT
To: nq4i at contesting.com

Ralph. Last evening, we ran into each other on 75 meters during the contest.
First of all, I hope you did well. You had a killer signal here in West
Chester.

I am Net Control of the Saint Maximilian Kolbe Net, which for the past
eleven years has met every Sunday at 1900 local on 3814.  All of the members
of the net wanted me to thank you for being so gracious to QSY a bit away
from the net. I know it was a busy contest and we really appreciated your
gracious offer.  We also moved down one khz and the intereference was gone.

The Net commemorates a Fransican Priest, who was Cannonized by the Catholic
Church. Kolbe gave his life for another man at Auchwitz concentration camp
on August 14, 1941, hence our net frequency of 3-8-14. Fr. Kolbe held the
call SP3RN. We believe he is the only Saint to have ever had a Ham call.

Again many thanks for your courtesy. You didn't need to do it but you did.
We sincerely appreciate it.

73,

Lloyd  W3QT
St. Maximilian Kolbe Net

Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL
Mail<http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/index.htm?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000970>
!