[SECC] Foxtravaganza 20M end of summer QRP Fox Hunt Thursday night

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Sat Sep 15 08:22:02 EDT 2007

Hi Folks:  Turn your power down to 5 watts and have some fun chasing all
the summer foxes on 20M this Thursday night.  73, John, K4BAI.

To all Foxes, Alternates, Committee Members,

It has been past practice to end a Fox Hunt season with a little
excersize that we like to call a "Foxtravaganza".  A blow out where we
ALL get on the air at the same time and see how many pelts we can give
out.  It's also a last ditch effort to put off the post season "blues"
for one more week for those of us who go into post-Foxhunt season
depression!

So ....... you are all invited to come out and play for one more
Thursday night - next Thursday night, September 20th.  The Foxtravaganza
will be held during the regular Foxhunt time, 0100-0230 UTC.  Pick out a
little patch of RF Heaven between 14.050 and 14.070 and start calling CQ
FOX and start handing out the pelts!  And hey, since there's a lot of us
- don't feel that you have to be constrained by the 050 - 070 frequency
range.  It won't hurt to spread things out a bit!

There won't be any scorekeeping; but feel free to post your logs and
soapbox comments to QFOX afterwards, should you so desire.  I will be
posting an announcement about the Foxtravaganza to the general public
sometime this weekend; so if on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, if
you'd like to make a post to QFOX advising the Hounds that you are
participating - well, that would be neat, too!

Hope to hear you all on the air next Thursday night.  The Foxtravaganza
will coincide nicely with the official end of Summer 2007.  And once
again, THANK YOU all so much for making this past Summer season a
bonafide success!

73 de Larry W2LJ

--
73 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

http://www.w2lj.qrpradio.com
http://w2lj.blogspot.com/

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.