[SECC] Contest Season

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 18 12:47:13 EDT 2007

Seems like the reflector has been pretty dead lately considering the fall contest season is almost upon us.
Condx are improving on the low bands - worked 3B7C on 80 CW the other night - as we shift from
summer to fall Condx...

This is my annual "rah rah let's all get on the air" email... CQWW SSB and Sweepstakes are only
about a month away. Sounds like NQ4I is getting really serious with that new monster 8 el yagi on 20 meters. They will be a force to contend with on that band.

For those of you that are new to the club the SECC has won the Medium Class Club competition
for SS for the past two years. It would be cool to repeat that accomplishment with a threepeat. It
will be challenging this year because we will be losing some good scores to our friends in the Alabama Contest Group. Wonder if they would be interested in a little interstate competition between the two clubs?

It would be interesting to hear some news about what's happening with the club circle ? It sure would be nice to have that resolved before contest season starts.

Here at KU8E it looks like another season of contesting from the "wire antenna farm" at home. My wife is still working the weekend shift so I will be home watching the kids in between my contest efforts. It's hard to believe I haven't done a contest from NQ4I or any  "real" contest station in over two years. Hopefully that will change sometime in the near future. Most of my efforts will probably be casual ones... except for SS CW which I will probably do SOLP and battle with AA4GA, K4OGG and the usual group that do LP every year. Also, in November K4BAI,KZ5D,K5OT and myself will be going to Bonaire and operating as PJ4A in the CQWW CW Contest. We haven't decided if we will be M2X or MS yet. I will probably make close to a FT effort in both the ARRL and CQ 160 CW contests as well. If I am not to burned out by SS Phone weekend maybe I will do a FT effort in that for the first time in many years.

It would be interesting to hear what's going on with everyone else.....

73, Jeff  KU8E