[SECC] Young potential hams - a contest secret weapon?

Greg Davis n3zl.radio at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:13:37 EDT 2007

"I have noticed that whenever there is a well-spoken young person (
one that knows "the drill" and is comfortable with the pattern of the
exchange, etc.) calling "CQ Contest" on SSB, there is usually a pile
up."

Too bad that isn't true for CW as well!! Actually, it should be an
even larger pileup! :)
^^ At least it isn't in my experience so far. (Then again, I used to
check into a phone net for a couple of years and they never knew I was
15-16 until I told them one day..)

Anyway, what you said sounds like a great plan to try to interest more
youngsters in our wonderful hobby.

73 de 17 year old Greg N3ZL