[SECC] N3FJP GA State QSO Party 1.8 and Windows Vista problem solved

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 14 14:53:29 EDT 2008

I received a very polite and prompt reply from Kimberly, KA3SEQ, N3FJP’s bride.

She basically wrote:

“Those who use Windows Vista may have a hard time finding their summary and .dat files. After navigating to the program directory where you saved the file you created, you must click on Compatibility Files to see them.”

Sure enough, once I drilled down to the folder named GA State QSO Party 1.8 in my Program Files folder, I saw it!  Underneath the navigation bar were the words “Compatibility Files.”  One click and there they were.  I guess these are legacy XP format files that Vista “tolerates” begrudgingly, and normally hides so as not to appear weak to the other Operating Systems.

I hope that this helps someone else. I really do.  It would be sad to think I was the only who was this clueless.

Scott, KB4KBS