[SECC] W4RNL SK

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 22 21:23:17 EDT 2008

W6IZT wrote:
> Forwarded from the Elecraft Reflector
>
> This is the saddest announcement we have had to make:
>
> It was discovered this morning that LB Cebik, W4RNL
> had passed away.
>
> He was a friend to us all and will leave behind
> a great void. His beloved wife, Jean passed several
> years before and he missed her greatly.
>
> He was my friend and associate for 10+ years and I
> shall always remember him for his warmth and kindness.
>
> A tribute to this "kind and gentle giant" shall
> appear in my column in the next issue of antenneX.
>
> Jack L. Stone, Publisher
> antenneX Online Magazine
> http://www.antennex.com
> jack at antennex.com

 L.B. Cebik, W4RNL, was once a professor at UGA, was an active member of
Georgia State Net our section CW net, was a supporter of the GA QSO
Parties, was a visitor in my home in Columbus and he and his beautiful
wife, Jean, were my hosts in Athens when I had a date for football games
in Athens and didn't otherwise have a place to stay.  This would have
been in the late 60s and early 70s.  He was a great antenna man and I
often read his column on antennas in 10-10 News and have frequently, and
as late as this week, referred hams to his webpage, particularly for
information on the zepp antennas, such as I am using now.  I hadn't seen
him in years, but sm very sorry to hear of his passing.  RIP old
friend.  73, John, K4BAI.