[SECC] contest season approaches

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Thu Aug 28 09:22:29 EDT 2008

Jeff & all,

It's been a quiet year for me, but tower and hamshack work is finally getting done -- should have a crane out in a couple weeks to set up two towers. #1 will have an X-9 @ 72 ft and 2-el 40 @ 80 ft. #2 is the lowband tower, 110 ft. 25G with a top hat and insulated base, plus radials, of course. Rope & pulley will haul up wires for 80M and various experiments.

Major efforts are SSCW, the 160M contests (QRP Top Band Sprint, ARRL, Stew, CQ160 CW), and ARRL CW. Other events will depend on work load and travel plans.

It's been six years since I left Gwinnett County, but I still like to put all my old (and new) SECC friends into the log!

73, Gary
K9AY

Mt.Horeb, WI -- EN53da

  My plans are to do SS CW from home and I will be at PJ4A for CQWW CW with John , K4BAI.

  Jeff KU8E