[SECC] Antenna Party

Michael Almeter w4mja at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 19:25:51 EST 2008

Hello Everyone,
     I just wanted to get the word out there now, that after two months of reading, planning, designing, and building, I am almost done with all of my antenna projects! In these past two months I have used over 2,000' of 14 gauge wire, used over 70 ceramic insulators, and over 200' of 450 ohm ladder line as phasing line alone! I have consulted ON4UN's LB DXING, ARRL Wire Antenna Classics 1, and 2, and the ARRL handbook countless times, spent over 20 hours measuring, constructing, building, and soldering antennas, and have had the time of my life.
     Now comes the fun part, GETTING THEM UP! As of right now the date looks like it will shape out to be the afternoon of the 24th of January, 2009. Depending on the WX conditions, it might be moved to the 31st of January. We've been known to have some snow, ice, or other winter mixes in January.
     The list of antennas going up as of right now is:
        10M- Eight element Sterba curtain.
        12M- 12M Phased EDZ's
        15M- 15M Lazy H
        17M- 17M Phased EDZ's
        20M- 20M Lazy H
        40M- Phased Delta loops
        80M- 80M Skywire loop
       160M- 160M dipole
       (I did not forget 30M, I'm just going to run 30M via the loop and with the assistance of the antenna tuner)
    I've spent a good amount of time in the backyard and on Google Earth playing with these measurments, and I've got a good idea of where everything is going to go.
    ALL are welcome to attend! If we have normal WX conditions (COLD), hot coffee will be provided! If you already know you can make it please email off the list. I look forward to seeing quite a few folks!

Thank you so much,
Michael Almeter
W4MJA