[SECC] K9AY ARRL 160

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Tue Dec 9 19:49:39 EST 2008

Thanks for putting many SECC calls in my log! Wish I could put more faces to
the callsigns, though - lots of new GA contesters since I was a Gwinnett
County "local."

K9AY ARRL 160:  1465 - 77 - 32 = 336,374

Amp crashed 1 hr 40 min into the contest. Got it fixed in less than an hour,
but lost my momentum and a good run frequency. Felt like I was playing
catch-up for the rest of the 'test. Still was lots of fun with good activity

Neighboring ACG is going strong, but I've NEVER worked so many SC stations!
Is this the new "hot destination" for contesters???

(2) IC-765, Alpha 99
100' 25G vertical, base insulated, top-loaded
(2) 550 ft. Beverages - NE & SE
(2) 330 ft. short Beverages - NW & SW

I'l be doing the QST & ARRL Web writeup again for this contest. If any of
you have interesting, inspirational - or just wierd - stories about the
contest, let me know!

73, Gary
K9AY
Mount Horeb,WI