[SECC] SECC vs SEDXC

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 25 20:42:07 EST 2008

Yes, Ralph.  You may have missed an announcement.  When SECC was formed,
SEDXC was very big in CQ 160 contests.  Members of SEDXC still sponsor
many of the plaques awarded.  By agreement, hams who were members of
both clubs contributed CQ 160 only points to SEDXC and the others to
SECC.  After a few years, it seemed the SEDXC didn't care about the club
competition any more and we stopped doing that.  However, this year is
the 50th Anniversary of the founding of SEDXC and one of the projects to
recognize the 50th Anniversary is an attempt to again win the club
competition category for CQ 160 .  The SEDXC president, K4UEE, Bob
Allphin, asked and the officers of SECC agreed, to request those who
were members of both clubs to name Southeastern DX Club as the recepient
of the points in their logs for both CW 160 CW and SSB this year only.
That's why you see that name on the 3830 postings.  We have to specify
this on 3830 as "Other" and then type in Southeastern DX Club at the
prompt.   Sorry if you missed this, but it was announced several time
before CQ 160 CW, but not repeated before the SSB contest.  However,
there is only one club competition and both mode scores are added
together.  73, John.