[SECC] Request for Registration for SECC Teams for NAQP CW and SSB

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 4 15:04:31 EST 2008

Hello all:

The North American QSO Parties will be held CW on January 12/13 and SSB
on January 19/20.  These QSO parties run from 1 PM Saturday until 1 AM
Sunday EST and single ops may operate a maximum of 10 out of the 12
hours.  All stations are limited to 100 watts maximum.  Multipliers are
counter per band so there is a lot of QSYing to get the mults (states,
provinces, and NA countries) on all bands.  Stations outside NA count
for QSO points, but not mults.  KH6 and KL7 count as states and
multipliers.

South East Contest Club has traditionally entered a number of 5-person
teams in these contests.  In fact, this was one of the reasons for the
founding of SECC.

See the rules at
http://search.msn.com/results.asp?FORM=sCPN&RS=CHECKED&un=doc&v=1&q=%22North%20American%22%20QSO%20Party.

Team membership (single ops only) must be registered prior to the start
of the contest.  President Rick, NQ4I, has asked me to register the
teams for these NAQP contests.  There is no circle or meeting
requirement for membership on a SECC team.  In fact, you don't have to
be a member of SECC.  Anyone on or off the reflector may be on a team.

Please let me know right away if you will be QRV for either or both NAQP
and that you want to be on a SECC team.  Let me know your call, the
callsign you will use in the contest, and whose station you will be
using if you will be a guest operator.  Also, let me know if you will be
LP or QRP and how much time you hope to operate.  With this information,
I will fill out teams, register them, and advise you which team you are
on.

As next weekend approaches, I may solicit team members from outside SECC
to fill out a SECC team if needed.  If you know someone who would be a
good SECC team member and isn't on the address list for this message,
please let me know with his or her e-mail address.

Thanks for your interest and prompt response.

73,

John, K4BAI.