[SECC] Romney's comments

Sherri Brower w4stb at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 19 12:37:20 EST 2008

Subject: [pr:8986] Stay out of Politics
 > Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:03:28 -0500
 > From: "Pitts, Allen W1AGP" <w1agp at arrl.org>
 > To: "pr list" <pr at reflector.arrl.org>
 >
 > I know a number of badly misinformed people are
  passing around emails about an event that happened in Massachusetts 2
  years ago regarding the Governor there.

1. As a 501c3 we cannot get involved in election
issues without getting into a whole lot of troubles

2. It was 2 years ago - get over it

  3. I saw it when it happened - it was NOT as is
  being portrayed.  It was simply a misstatement during a
machine-gun speed exchange- and who
among us has not done that when pressured by our
spouse and apologized profusely later?
Apologies and corrections were done and things ended
up being even better.

4. There is no reason to be passing this about now
other than to get
  other people all worked up and looking silly over a
dead issue.

In any event, the issue in Massachusetts was
resolved over two years ago.