[SECC] Romney's comments

Lee Hiers lee.hiers at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 17:20:58 EST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 12:37 PM, Sherri Brower <w4stb at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>  > I know a number of badly misinformed people are
>   passing around emails about an event that happened in Massachusetts 2
>   years ago regarding the Governor there.
>  >
> 1. As a 501c3 we cannot get involved in election
> issues without getting into a whole lot of troubles

Are you talking about the SECC?  When did it become a 501c3?

> 2. It was 2 years ago - get over it

No kidding!

>   3. I saw it when it happened - it was NOT as is
>   being portrayed.  It was simply a misstatement during a
> machine-gun speed exchange- and who
> among us has not done that when pressured by our
> spouse and apologized profusely later?

Of course most of us don't have the entire US military available at
the touch of a red button!  I believe our current president has been
publicly ridiculed for such "misstatements" constantly - he seems to
make them often.  Nothing wrong with pointing them out when made by
someone aspiring to the same office.

> Apologies and corrections were done and things ended
> up being even better.

I *would* like to see a link to that apology.

But I watched the video and as a ham wasn't insulted.

> 4. There is no reason to be passing this about now
> other than to get
>   other people all worked up and looking silly over a
> dead issue.

You've never been around in a Presidential campaign?  ;-)

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
"Have Dobro Will Travel"