[SECC] (Fwd) [Acg] Can someone please pass this to other contest grou

KC4HW jimjohnson at alaweb.com
Sun Jan 27 10:15:48 EST 2008

From:	"w4nti" <w4nti at mindspring.com>
To:	"ACG" <acg at alabamacontestgroup.org>
Date sent:	Sun, 27 Jan 2008 07:45:06 -0600
Subject:	[Acg] Can someone please pass this to other contest groups,
thanks
Send reply to:	w4nti <w4nti at mindspring.com>
	<mailto:acg-
request at alabamacontestgroup.org?subject=unsubscribe>
	<mailto:acg-
request at alabamacontestgroup.org?subject=subscribe>

Hey guys,

I have a request....a local ham friend, WB4CLK, has been bedridden from a stroke for a long
while now. I recently found this out. Then I had my bed ridden problem of almost two
months.

I came up with the idea of getting him back on the air.He loves it.I know what it's like laying
there and having nothing but TV to watch. But of course the major problem is money.

How about keeping your ear to the ground for a used, modern no tune type rig with a built in
tuner if at all possible. He is limited on his ability to tweak and tune those old rigs up.

Just HF is what he is interested in. I plan on putting him up a G5RV or possibly a verticle.

Of course since he is on Social Security money is a problem, so the cheaper the better...hi.

Dang Medications are eating him alive. We all know how that goes.

Thanks a lot.

Dan/W4NTI

Choice in Blue Mountain Alabama.
Jim/KC4HW