[SECC] W4AN to be QRV in IARU HF Contest Next Weekend

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jul 4 16:43:12 EDT 2008

Hello all:

I will be using the South East Contest Club club call sign, W4AN, in
memory of Bill Fisher, next weekend, 1200 UTC July 12 to 1200 UTC July
13 single op high power both modes SO2R as a guest op of Dan Street,
K1TO, in West Central Florida.  I will be flying in there Friday
afternoon and may be QRV on Friday afternoon and evening checking
everything out and getting used to the station.  This could include the
FISTS Summer QSO Party on Friday night, around 058 on all bands.  If I
get into the FISTS event, I will use my own call sign.

I will be QRV for the whole 24 hours unless power problems or lightning
nearby intervenes.  I will be in the General Class bands.  I will
appreciate any QSOs and hope that all of you will be QRV in this fun
event.  In two years, WRTC 2010 from near Moscow will coincide with this
contest.  As many of you know, Bill, W4AN and I competed in WRTC 1996 in
San Francisco (placed second) and WRTC 2002 in Helsinki, Finland (placed
about 33rd, I think).  Most IARU member HQ stations will be QRV around
the world and count as multipliers on each band for the contest, in
addition to ITU zones per band.  Also look for special mults AC, R1, R2,
and R3 for members of the IARU Administrative Council and members of the
Executive Committees of the three IARU regions.

73,  John, K4BAI.