[SECC] NAQP RTTY contest this weekend

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 16 06:41:18 EDT 2008

My first impulse was to be embarrassed that my call was at the bottom of the
IARU scoring list John sent out then I realized that if he had sorted on
hours, I would have been at the bottom as well. Oh well, I had a great time
- and last night I made my first CW QSO without the aid of a keyboard.  A
funny story (for me) - As I was sending the requisite station data, I had
had a relapse to my novice days and told him I was using a TS-520S, my first
rig from back in 1983, not the TS-450 I was actually using.

On to the point of this message: I'll do my best to get on the for at least
half of the maximum 10 hours of the NAQP RTTY contest this week end, so if
someone is making team rosters, list me as part-time.

I looked at the NCJ web page that has the rules, but it didn't address my
question: What "flavors" of RTTY are allowed?  Is BPSK-31 considered a RTTY
mode for the purposes of this contest?

I feel like the little kid brother to all of you, thanks for tolerating me.

Scott,KB4KBS