[SECC] W2GD injury

Dennis McAlpine dbmcalpine at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 18 20:24:39 EDT 2008

For those who might not be aware of it yet, long-time contester John
Crovelli W2GD/P40W sustained an injury when a 30' tower he was working on in
Maine fell with him on it.  He has sustained some serious injuries but is
expected to make a full recovery eventually.  I talked to the hospital
(Maine Medical Center in Portland, ME a few minutes ago and John is still in
the Special Care unit (apparently the same as ICU) but they have very little
information at this time on how long he will be there before being moved.
There are no phones in those rooms (which is probably because John is mainly
a CW op) but I am sure info will filter out soon.

You can find more details in the towertalk at contesting.com archives for
today.

73,

Dennis, K2SX