[SECC] Field Day Claimed Scores

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 29 16:19:16 EDT 2008

QSL the FD report from K4GA (ops:  AB4HQ, KF4GTA).  I hope the rest of
you will post the FD scores, to the extent that you know them, from all
of your various FD efforts and I'll include them in this week's
summary.  Greetings to all from Boston.  I took a SW transistor radio
with me to listen to FD, but couldn't hear much from the 9th floor of a
15 floor hotel in downtown Boston with the build on vertical antenna.  I
could hear only W5VX in STX (1D)K7RDG in AZ and VE9DX in Mar (1B) on 20
about 0005 UTC Sunday and only W8EDU and W9CA on 40M.  Not much fun
being a SWL hearing only the very loudest stations.  Those five were all
on CW.  I couldn't hear any ham signals on SSB.  73, John, K4BAI